Airport transit visa
As a Pakistani national you require an airport transit visa (that is a visa for a stay within the transit area of an airport, not leaving the airport).
Please note that a stay in airport transit areas is only possible at the airports in Frankfurt/Main and Munich within 24 hours.
Transit on the same day is possible at
between 04.30am - 11:30pm
between 04:30am - 11:00pm
between 06:00am - 09:00pm
Berlin Tegel (TXL)
between 06:00am - 11:00pm
provided an arriving and departing on a flight operated by Air Berlin with a minimum connection time of 75 minute
However, as a Pakistani national you do not require an airport transit visa, if
- you have a visa or residence permit of a Schengen country or
- you have a permanent residence permit of Andorra, Canada, Japan, Monaco, San Marino or United States of America or
- you have a visa of Irleland, UK, Romania, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Liechtenstein, Japan, Canada or the United States of America or
- you are a family member of an EU-citizen or
- you hold a Diplomatic passport.
In order to speed up the procedure at the visa counter, you are kindly requested to present the documents exactly in the same order as indicated below.
- one application form
- signed by the applicant
- two passport photos
- not older than six months
- no computer print-outs accepted
- valid passport
- Passport needs to be valid for three months after the expiry of the applied visa
- former passports
- if any
- valid visa for the country of final destination
- company letter
- issued by the company you are working for
- this letter is only necessary if you are travelling officially.
- completed list of your children and
- completed list of relatives (including children) living outside of Pakistan
- security questionnaire
Declaration § 54 II AufenthG [vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, 14.46k]
- valid health insurance
- please submit the original and one copy
- booked and confirmed round-trip ticket
- stating itinerary, departure and arrival times
For applicants at the Embassy only: Please provide a copy of the appointment confirmation e-mail
- including the provided booking code (e.g. "isla_588207")